Ouryuu Nakiri, (born as Ryuuta Nakiri), is a second-year high school student at Kuoh Academy and the secretary of the Student Council. He is also the heir of the Nakiri Clan.
Ouryuu is shown to have a calm, friendly, and a energetic personality, as he appeared to the Occult Research Club in a polite manner. He is also very kind as he doesn't discriminate Devils and treats them respectfully. He holds a strong admiration towards Issei Hyoudou and considers him to be his role model.
Sometime before the series, Ouryuu was chosen by the Sacred Beasts, Huang Long, as its inheritor. He subsequently abandoned his birth name and took up his current name, becoming the heir of the Nakiri clan in the process. He is also fearful of Suzaku Himejima, calling her a scary person.
He makes his official appearance in Volume 22, where he appears to the Occult Research Club and deliver school related documents to Xenovia. He greets the members of the club and was quite aware that they are Devils and Angels. He says he's been given a mission from Ajuka Beelzebub to search for the remaining Longinus, Innovate Clear and Telos Karma. Ouryuu then bows his head to Issei and expresses his admiration for him for possessing the Boosted Gear of the Welsh Dragon and overcoming many dangerous situations.
Red Dragon Emperor of the Blazing Truth × White Dragon Emperor of the Morning Star: The True Dragon(s) of the Kuoh Academy
In Volume 23, Ouryuu reappeared alongside Millarca Vordenburg at the Occult Research Club to introduce the Dragon King Tiamat to Issei and other members. Under Tiamat's approval to join Issei's team for the Azazel Cup and his worth of five pawn pieces, Ouryuu lowers his head to Issei and tells him he won't become a Devil but he'll fight under Issei as his "Fist" of the "Red Dragon Emperor of the Blazing Truth", which angers Bova. During training underneath the Gremory castle, Ouryuu spared with Issei to show his abilities and his Yellow Dragon & Dragon Pulse. On the day of the match against Dulio, Ouryuu and Elmenhilde wore their crimson uniform and during the match Ouryuu managed to score his team five points at the very beginning of the match.
In Volume 24, he was present at Kouh Academy along with Millarca, Koneko, Bennia, and Gasper when a group of Grim Reapers came in and assaulted them. Both he and Bennia were able to escape and find Issei and Ravel to warn them of the present threat, they managed to make it back in time and save everyone. They learned that the the Grim Reapers were after Koneko and Kuroka for possibly holding research information artificially creating Super Devils that their father was working on.
When it came time for Rias' Rating Game match with Vali, everyone acted as guards outside the stadium. Ouryuu was paired with Bova while patrolling the external perimeter of the venue, upon arriving at a small park that was not far from the venue, they encountered a horde of Grim Reapers. Bova immediately wanted to attack them for insulting Issei while Ouryuu criticized his inpatients for not getting enough info on their objective. Upon confirming their objective was the Nekomata sisters, Ouryuu and Bova stepped forward as they released aura from their bodies to prepare to strike them. Eventually their side was able to defeat the Reapers.
Powers & Abilities
Immense Strength: Ouryuu is shown to be very strong as he was able to go toe-to-toe with Balance Breaker Issei during training. Xenovia commented that he's in a different league among those with special powers.
Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Ouryuu possesses immense skill in hand-to-hand combat, as shown during his training session with Issei in his Balance Breaker, an immensely powerful combatant. In Volume 23, Ouryuu was able to hold his own against Nero, in Volume 24, he could spar evenly against Gasper who was in a partial Balor transformation. With his use of Touki, Ouryuu's close combat prowess is further enhanced.
Immense Durability: Ouryuu possesses impressive durability. When combined with his Touki, he could endure Issei's Balance Breaker attacks without much trouble.
Immense Speed: Ouryuu possesses impressive speed. When combined with his Touki, he is able to keep up with Balance Breaker Issei during their training session. Issei even commented that Ouryuu could toy with a High-Class Devil with his speed.
Yellow Dragon (黃龍, Ouryuu): The Sacred Beast of the Nakiri Clan that has been handed down for generations to the strongest mystic of the clan who is personally chosen by the Sacred Beast itself, along with its name.
- Dragon's Pulse: As the Sacred Beast that represents earth, the Yellow Dragon grants Ouryuu the ability to tap into the "veins" of ki that flow throughout the land. This allows him to use this earth based ki to strengthen his own physical abilities to significant degrees. If Ouryuu fights in a location where the earth is rich, he will have a greater supply of earth based ki to draw from, therefore making him stronger. He's also capable of shooting balls of dragon aura at his opponents. He can also control the terrain of earth and use this to his advantage to bring opponents closer to him or catch them off guard.
- Touki (闘気): Ouryuu covers himself in an aura of ki, drastically increasing his strength, defense, and speed. By using this in conjunction with his Dragon's Pulse ability, he can further enhance his Touki.
- Dragon Man: A technique of Ouryuu's that allows him to transform into a golden humanoid dragon. This technique greatly enhances his physical abilities, allows him to hurl giant spheres of Touki at his opponents and to fire numerous bullets of Touki mixed with dragon aura.
Talisman: Ouryuu can use spell talismans powerful enough to dispel Gasper's twisted monsters into nothingness.
- In Chinese religion and mythology, the Ouryuu (Yellow Dragon) in East Asian culture is the fifth symbol completing the Sixiang (Four Symbols). This deity is the centre of the cosmos and it represents the element earth, the Chinese quintessence, as well as the changing of the seasons.
- Ouryuu was created because Ishibumi wanted another male junior that looks up to Issei, similar to Gasper.
- In Volume 23 Afterword, Ouryuu and Millarca will have a story published in the future.