Issei's incomplete Juggernaut Drive
|Other Names||Dragon of Supremacy|
|Abilities||Unleashes the full power of the Sacred Gear, but at the cost of the user's life|
A special ability of the Longinus - Boosted Gear and Divine Dividing, and are considered to be forbidden moves. The Juggernaut Drive temporarily removes the seal placed on the Heavenly Dragons, but the users will lose their sanity while their lives are devoured by the power.
For other Sacred Gears that have creatures sealed inside (such as the Regulus Nemea), their Juggernaut Drive goes under a different name called "Breakdown the Beast" (覇獣, Bureikudaun za Bīsuto), also known as the Beast of Supremacy, but functions the same way.
A special chant must be used to activate Juggernaut Drive.
The chant for the Boosted Gear's Juggernaut Drive goes as follows:
- I, who is about to awaken,
- Am the Heavenly Dragon who has stolen the principles of domination from God
- I laugh at the "infinite", and I grieve at the "dream"
- I shall become the Red Dragon of Domination
- And I shall sink you to the depths of the crimson purgatory!
The chant for Divine Dividing's Juggernaut Drive goes as follows:
- I, who is about to awaken,
- Am the Heavenly Dragon who has taken the principles of supremacy from God
- I envy the "infinite" and I pursue the "dream"
- I shall become the White Dragon of Supremacy
- And I shall take you to the limits of white paradise
In Volume 6 when using Boosted Gear's Juggernaut Drive, Issei was able to grow Dragon arms and blades from the various jewels on the Scale Mail, fire energy blasts from a cannon within the mouth of the armor, and somehow froze Shalba Beelzebub with an ability similar to Forbidden Balor View. This was later revealed to be Gasper Balor's doing, as he was allowing Issei to use his "eyes". It was also able to use the Dividing Gear ability to "Divide" continuously. The speed in this form is greatly increased to the point where it can be hard to follow with ones eye sight. This form is also capable of fending off powerful attacks by simply flapping it wings. The immense power is so great that it can create a huge crater by just exposing it's aura. The final (and most powerful) attack of Boosted Gear's Juggernaut Drive is the Longinus Smasher, an energy beam of immense power fired from a launcher hidden in the chest. The fact that this is stated to have been an incomplete Juggernaut Drive suggests that a true one may very well be even more powerful and destructive.
The Juggernaut Drive unleashes the true powers of the Two Heavenly Dragons sealed in both the Boosted Gear and Divine Dividing. The curse of the Juggernaut Drive can be permanently removed if the hatred of its past possessors are dispersed.
The Juggernaut Drive is a double edged sword despite its overall power. In this mode, the possessor will obtain immense power but at the cost of the users life and sanity in which the possessor will continuously destroy everything around them until they burn out their life force and die.
Juggernaut Drive appears very similar to the Scale Mail. However, it possesses claw-like growths on the hands and feet, as well as horns and a fanged mouth on the helmet, the mouth being capable of delivering deadly bites to opponents.
- Juggernaut Drive was originally stated to be a special ability which was exclusive for Sacred Gears with powerful creatures inside. Though in Volume 11, it was changed to a special ability exclusive for Sacred Gears with the Heavenly Dragons residing in them (Boosted Gear and Divine Dividing). For other Sacred Gears with other creatures residing in them, a new name, called Breakdown the Beast, was given.
- The "infinity" and the "dream" used in the chants are references to the Dragon God Ophis and the True Dragon, Great Red. Ophis represents the "infinite", as she was born from the "nothingness" of infinity, while Great Red represents the "dream", as he was born from the "illusions" of dreams.
- Longinus Smasher appears to be a homage to the Mega Smasher from the Guyver series.