Grim Reapers are a species of supernatural beings in High School DxD that serve Hades in the Realm of the Dead.
Little is known about the appearance of Grim Reapers as they are always dressed in dark robes decorated with ornaments which vary depending on the individual.
It should be noted that Grim Reapers' ranks depend on the darkness of their robes they wear. Grim Reapers with darker robes indicates to their higher ranks.
The strength of Grim Reapers varies depending on their class, with Low-Class Grim Reapers being stronger than the average Middle-Class Devil. Grim Reapers can also disperse and leave behind a black afterimage and duplicates them self to attack and confuse their opponents.
Grim Reapers also wield scythes which will shorten the lives of anyone they strike with a special type of curse.
Known Grim ReapersEdit
- Pluto (Ultimate-Class)
- Orcus (Ultimate-Class)
- Bennia (Reincarnated Devil) (Former Grim Reaper/Human Hybrid)
- Thanatos (Ultimate-Class)
- Pluto II (Ultimate-Class)
- Zeno (High-Class)
- Grim Reapers are considered a sub-species of God serving under Hades.
- When Bennia was introduced in Volume 14, she wears a skull mask along with her Grim Reaper robes, whether or not it is part of the normal Grim Reaper robes or another form of decoration is unknown.
- Bennia has shown to be able to slash one's soul with her death-scythe In High School DxD, Volume 16, Life 3; those slashed by her scythe don’t take any external wounds, but instead get their souls slashed. This considers that all Grim Reapers who slash a person with their death-scythes will have their soul slashed as well.