|I Have a Junior!|
|Season/Episode||Season 2 New, Episode 9|
|Air/Release Date||September 1, 2013|
|Previous||"The Class Observation Begins!"|
|Next||"A Three Way Stand-Off Variety!"|
"I Have a Junior!" is the ninth episode of the second season of the High School DxD anime. It aired on September 1, 2013.
The episode begins with Rias and her servants standing in front of the sealed room in the old school building. As the door is unsealed, a scream was heard as Akeno removes the coffin revealing a boy wearing a female school uniform who Rias introduces as Gasper Vladi as he accidentally freezes the time when Issei touched him. Learning that Gasper possesses the Sacred Gear, Forbidden Balor View, and was sealed due to his incapability of controlling that ability. Rias, Akeno and Yuuto then leaves to help in the preparation for the meeting of the Three Factions, leaving the others to train Gasper. During the training, Azazel suddenly arrives at the school yard as he teaches Saji, Issei and Gasper on how to control Gasper's Sacred Gear before leaving.
Issei and the others then take Gasper to the gymnasium as Gasper once again goes into seclusion after the training. Issei then has a conversation with Gasper managing to get the boy to open up and talk with him until Yuuto, Koneko, Asia and Xenovia arrives. The next day, Issei and Asia meets Rias and Akeno as Rias tells Issei to meet up with Akeno at her place. Issei then goes to the shrine with Akeno greeting him as Issei meets with another new figure who introduces himself as Michael, the leader of the Angels.
Original airdate: September 1, 2013
Writer: Tetsuya Yanagisawa
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. New characters listed in bold.)
Differences between Light Novel and AnimeEdit
- In the Light Novel, Gasper went hiding back into his room after he and Issei meet Issei's client, Morisawa, while in the Anime, he went hiding back into his room after his training to master his Sacred Gear failed.
- In the Light Novel, the paper bag idea was thought and given to Gasper by Issei, while in the anime, it was thought by Asia and given to Gasper by Xenovia.
- In the Light Novel, Saji wore a jersey, gloves, and brought a shovel for flower bed maintenance work when he saw Gasper for the first time, while in the Anime, Saji wore his usual school uniform and did nothing of the work.
- In the Light Novel, Gasper used his power to stop Issei and the others before Rias embraced Gasper from behind and presented him, while in the anime, Rias presented him to the group and then he stopped time.
- In the Light Novel, Xenovia chased Gasper for "training" inside a building, while in the anime, they were behind old school building.
- In the Light Novel, Koneko was chasing Gasper alongside Xenovia while holding garlic, while in the anime, Koneko chased Gasper after Xenovia stopped chasing him.
- In the Light Novel, after the seal was removed Occult Research club members found Gasper sitting on floor at corner end of the room, while in the anime, Gasper was found hiding inside his coffin.
- In the Light Novel, Rias mentioned about the Mutation Bishop piece that she used on Gasper because of his great power, while in the anime she didn't mention the piece until later episode.
- In the Light Novel, Asia became a little sad because she hoped to become friends with Gasper but since he is a Hikikomori the hope is hard to be fulfilled, while in the anime this scene did not happen.
- In the Light Novel, Azazel gave some advices to Saji about other way to use the power of his Absorption Line other than absorbing power, while in the anime Saji acted like he didn't know about the real power of his sacred gear that can absorb power using the "line".
|← Previous||Season 1||Next →|
|1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13 • 14|
|1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|