|Decisive Battle at Kuoh Academy!|
|Romaji||Kessen, Kuō Gakuen!|
|Season/Episode||Season 2 New, Episode 5|
|Air/Release Date||August 4, 2013|
|Novel Equivalent||Volume 3, Life 4-New Knight & New Rival|
|Previous||"A Powerful Enemy Appears!"|
|Next||"Go! Occult Research Club!|
"Decisive Battle at Kuoh Academy!" is the fifth episode of the second season of the High School DxD anime. It aired on August 4, 2013.
Sona and her team form a barrier surrounding Kuoh Academy, while Rias and her team prepare for their upcoming battle against Kokabiel, Freed, and Valper. The battle begins with Kokabiel summoning several Cerberus demons to combat against the Gremory Team, which the Gremory Team successfully defeats with the help of Xenovia. During that time, Valper succeeds in combining the four Excalibur fragments while triggering a self-destruct magic circle that will activate in 20 minutes while a mysterious young man looks on from afar. Rias and Akeno then attempt to battle Kokabiel but prove useless against his powers.
Meanwhile, Kiba confronts Valper and learns the truth of the Holy Sword Project and with the help of his friends from both the past and present, Kiba successfully attains his Balance Breaker, Sword of Betrayer, and together with Xenovia who summoned her Durandal, manages to successfully destroy the Fused Excalibur. With Freed and the Excalibur out of the equation, Kiba attempts to kill Valper, only for Kokabiel to deal the killing blow. The episode ends with Kokabiel confidently telling the Occult Research Club that Issei can transfer his power to anyone as Issei prepares to transfer his powers to Rias.
Original airdate: August 4, 2013
Writer: Tetsuya Yanagisawa
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. New characters listed in bold.)
Differences between Light Novel and AnimeEdit
- In the light novel, there were conversations between Kokabiel and Valper Galilei about ceremony of fusing four Excaliburs into one when Rias and others arrived, while in the anime Kokabiel explained about the ceremony to Rias and others without talking to Valper at all.
- In the light novel, Kokabiel summoned 2 guardian dogs of hell (Cerberus) ,while in the anime, there were 3 of them.
- In the light novel, Xenovia delivered a finishing strike to a Cerberus by stabbing at its chest, while in the anime her finishing strike was only slashing Cerberus into two.
- In the light novel, slain Cerberus are turned into dust, while in the anime they are turned into balls of fire.
- In the light novel, Kokabiel blocked Rias's huge demonic attack and redirected it into sky, while in the anime he redirected it into ground.
- In the anime, Rias and Akeno fought against Kokabiel soon after the ceremony is completed, however in the light novel this scene doesn't exist.
- In the light novel, Freed and Kiba had time to fight each other before Xenovia pulled Durandal out, while in the anime Xenovia pulled Durandal out before those two had chance to fight.
- In the light novel, Fused Excalibur used by Freed was broken into half when clashed with Durandal used by Xenovia, while in the anime, it was broken into half when clashed with Sword of Betrayer used by Kiba.
- In the light novel, Valper Galilei's dead body is remained intact after being pierced by Kokabiel's light spear, while in the anime, his dead body is reduced into particles of light.
|← Previous||Season 1||Next →|
|1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13 • 14|
|1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13|
|1 • 2 • 3|