|I'll Destroy the Holy Sword!|
|Romaji||Seiken, Hakai Shimasu!|
|Season/Episode||Season 2 New, Episode 3|
|Air/Release Date||July 21, 2013|
|Previous||"The Holy Sword Is Here!"|
|Next||"A Strong Enemy Appeared!"|
"I'll Destroy the Holy Sword!" is the third episode of the second season of the High School DxD anime. It aired on July 21, 2013.
Issei and Kiba begin their fight against Irina and Xenovia, both ultimately losing to the two exorcists who then leave the school area with Issei and Yuuto frustrated at their loss. Before leaving, Rias asks the two about the Fallen Angel who stole the Excaliburs, learning that the one who was responsible for stealing the Excaliburs was the Fallen Angel Leader, Kokabiel. Back at the Occult Research Club, Yuuto leaves the building with extreme frustration over his loss to Xenovia. After seeing Yuuto leave the clubroom with such frustration, Issei decides to help Kiba in his revenge against the Excalibur swords. Coercing Saji into his plans with Koneko's help, the three start to search for Xenovia and Irina, finding them in a street. The trio then forms an alliance with the two, helping them to retrieve the Excalibur swords while handing them an Excalibur sword so that Yuuto can destroy it. Kiba, touched by Issei and Koneko's actions, agrees to accept the help of the two, thanking them for their help. Later at night, Issei meets up with Kiba and the others to start their plan to destroy the Excalibur. Meanwhile, a mysterious young man appears beside Issei's client.
Original airdate: July 21, 2013
Writer: Tetsuya Yanagisawa
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. New characters listed in bold.)
Differences between Light Novel and AnimeEdit
- In the light novel Koneko and Issei met and forced Genshirou Saji to help them together, while in the anime first Issei tried to convince him and then Koneko is appeared to stopping Saji from going away.
- In the light novel Koneko made a sad face for convince Yuuto to agree with the plan (there is a novel illustration that show the moment), while in the anime Koneko had a emotionless face but with "teary" eyes.
- In the light novel Saji and Issei found that they are very similar in the talk in the restaurant with Xenovia and Irina gaining the attention of the other customers in the restaurant, while in the anime this "similarity" isn't shown and the only moment shown where they "catch" the attention was during the conversation between Saji and Issei before Saji decided to go away resulting on Koneko tried to stop him.
- In the light novel, Kiba revealed that he fought Freed after meeting with Xenovia and Irina at the family restaurant, while at the anime, he revealed it after his lost to Xenovia.
- In the light novel, Kiba went to the family restaurant after receiving a phone call from Issei, while in the anime, they met at a park.
- In the light novel Matsuda and Motohama complained about Kiryuu coming at the karaoke, while in the anime they didn't say a word about it and focused only on Asia.
- In the light novel Irina and Xenovia were arguing about accepting help from Issei and the other devil which Xenovia said that receiving help from a dragon (referring to Issei) isn't a problem, resulting on Irina said something about Xenovia's faith and the latter said that her faith is more "flexible" than Irina, while in the anime this conversation didn't happen.
- In the light novel, Xenovia gave Issei a number to contact her by and as Issei started to do the same, Irina tells him that they already had his number. After learning his mother gave them his number Issei threw a mini tantrum inside his mind. In the anime this scene didn't happen
- In the Light Novel, Xenovia argue against Irina over the fact that she brought the fake looking painting in town. while in the anime (Blu-ray & DVD) Xenovia argue against Irina within the abandon church.