|A Three Way Stand-Off Variety!|
|Season/Episode||Season 2 New, Episode 10|
|Air/Release Date||September 8, 2013|
|Previous||"I Have a Junior!"|
|Next||"The Top Conference Begins!"|
"A Three Way Stand-Off Variety!" is the tenth episode of the second season of the High School DxD anime. It aired on September 8, 2013.
Continuing from previous episode, Issei meets the leader of the Angels, the Archangel Michael. He receives the Holy Sword, Ascalon, from Michael and procceds to assimilate it into his Boosted Gear. Michael leaves shortly after that. After Michael leaves, Issei and Akeno have a conversation regarding Akeno's identity as Issei manages to deepen his bonds with Akeno, who gives him a lap pillow until a jealous Rias appears and forces Issei to leave with her. Issei then leaves Rias and heads back to the school to help Gasper in his training, who shows great improvement in controlling his powers.
On the day of the conference, Rias and her servants goes to the meeting room, leaving Koneko and Gasper behind. At the meeting, they meet Azazel and Vali who are representing the Fallen Angels, Michael who representing the Angels and Sirzechs and Serafall who are representing the Devils as the Three Factions starts the meeting. Meanwhile, a group of mysterious people approaches Gasper and Koneko who are standing by at the Occult Research Clubroom.
Original airdate: September 8, 2013
Writer: Tetsuya Yanagisawa
(Numbers indicate order of appearance. New characters listed in bold.)
Differences between Light Novel and AnimeEdit
- In the Light Novel, Issei describe Michael as An angel wrapped in an extravagant white robe, while in the Anime Michael wear something similar to a robe with a different color.
- In the Light Novel, Michael said about previous holder of Ascalon, while in the Anime he said nothing about it.
- In the Light Novel, Ascalon was already present inside the shrine, while in the Anime the sword appeared inside a room with Michael, Issei and Akeno.
- In the Light Novel, Ddraig was the one who explained about the other existing Mythology, while in the Anime, it was explained by Michael.
- In the Light Novel, lssei trained Gasper in early morning, while in the Anime he trained Gasper in the night.
- In the Light Novel, Azazel have his 12 wings unfurled in the meeting, while in the Anime he kept his wings hidden.
- In the Light Novel, It was an unknown Angel woman accompanied Michael for Angel side in the meeting, while in the Anime it was Irina who accompanied him. (in light novel, Irina doesn't appear again until volume 6)
- In the Light Novel, Gasper was left alone inside the club room, while in the Anime, Koneko stayed with him.
- In the Light Novel, only Sona were present from her team, while in the Anime, Tsubaki was there by her side.
- In the Light Novel, during the meeting Issei, Rias and the others are sit on the chair behind the Serafall and Sirzechs, while in the anime they standing near the wall.
- In the Light Novel, during the meeting Rias was nervous and grab Issei's hand for calm a bit, while in the anime this don't happen.
- In the Light Novel, leaders of three factions brought up topic about death of God at the beginning of meeting (before Azazel spoke about peace proposal), while in the anime they didn't talk about it until halfway of the meeting.